[Spacewalk-list] Migration from pgsql to oracle

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:50:55 UTC 2014

Have you considered using a less drastic approach like partitioning
some of the tables and tuning the ram.
I some how doubt the single CPU core per query it the problem because
PostgreSQL is very good at handling bulk queries as opposed to lots of
queries for tiny data sets.

Here is something you can check if  a directory named
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_tmp exist on your system then your queries are
exceeding the allowed rem for a single query and PostgreSQL is using
that directory to essentially create swap files for queries if that is
happening you need more ram or you need to tune your PostgreSQL
server.

Here is a good place to start reading about table partitions
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Table_partitioning that with
constraint exclusion enabled in the config can help a lot with large
data sets.