[Spacewalk-list] Migration from pgsql to oracle

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Wed Nov 19 16:27:08 UTC 2014

Paul Robert,

This sounds on the face of it like an interesting possibility.   On the other hand, I looked at the page you linked to.  There I see many technical points that require an understanding of database configuration and administration that I certainly don't possess at this point in time.   I think it's asking a bit much of a non-DBA to come up to speed to tackle such a task to get better performance out of Spacewalk.

It would be more beneficial for someone who has already done partitioning to offer a description of the steps they went through including any calculations they had to make with their own Spacewalk database so that someone else could replicate the process.

Robert Boyd
Sr. Systems Engineer
PeopleFluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681
e. Robert.Boyd at PeopleFluent.com

Click here to experience the power of the new PeopleFluent Mirror Suite ™