[Spacewalk-list] Management of baselines

Nicolas Michel be.nicolas.michel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:15:05 UTC 2014

Hello guys,

I would want to create a baseline for my channels (a snapshot). And
regularly push in that baseline either choosen packages in function of
errata, or a full sync of the upstream channel. Here is a use case to
illustrate what I'm saying: say that I have my baseline which is a
snapshot of 1 month ago. We just discovered a critical security bug in
a package (like Shellshock) so I have to patch all my servers with
that particular set of packages (errata). I would want to push into my
baseline only that set of packages defined by the errata. How can I do
this?
The other use case: every 3 months, I have to patch all my servers
with all available patches. So I want to re-synchronize my baseline
from upstream (create a new snapshot).

Currently, here is what I have and how I expected to do (but I'm not
sure it's the right way):
- I have in spacewalk a channel which is synchronized daily to the
upstream repository
- I created a clone of that channel. So I have my snapshot.
- Now I don't know how I can push in it selected erratas from my
original channel.
- I don't know either how to resynchronize the entire original channel.

Thanks in advance,

--
Nicolas MICHEL