Re: [Spacewalk-list] Postgresql Fails to Start After Datastore Failure

Hello Jon,

You can check in /var/lib/pgsql/data, check if you have a file named postmaster.pid, if yes, you can remove (rm postmaster.pid) and restart or start the postgresql daemon.

[root spacewalk ~]# service postgresql start

if you check, will be recreated the file

[root spacewalk data]# ll postmaster.pid
-rw-------. 1 postgres postgres 45 Nov 21 23:03 postmaster.pid
[root spacewalk data]#

The problem normally is, if your db are running and for any reason you lost the connection with the directory, the file will still there and when you try to restart, the file will not be rewrite and the daemon will not start.

Try it and tell me if fix your problem.

Take Care and have a great weekend.