Re: [Spacewalk-list] Postgresql Fails to Start After Datastore Failure

I found the log file… looks like it is complaining that it cannot complete the autorecovery and the database needs to be restores from backup.  Unfortunately all of my VM snapshots got hosed and that was my backup….

I’m still hoping there is a way I can attempt to repair the schema while preserving the data… in the process of trying to re-run the spacewalk-setup.

From: spacewalk-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Glennie, Jonathan - 0443 - MITLL
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 10:13 AM
To: spacewalk-list redhat com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Postgresql Fails to Start After Datastore Failure

I had received the lock error message before so I did start by removing that file.  It removed that error message but it was still saying Failed whenever I tried to start the service.

Are there any commands that I can use to stat the DB manually in a more verbose way so I can get some additional info on what’s failing?   Or is there any “repair” command I can use from spacewalk to re-install the service but not overwrite the database?