[Spacewalk-list] Having troubles importing Errata?

Linder, Rolf Rolf.Linder at united-security-providers.ch
Fri Oct 3 06:12:37 UTC 2014

Hi all

Yesterday I had a chat with Steve Meier about problems import errata (with CEFS - http://cefs.steve-meier.de/ ) which we had since a few weeks.
Logs says that some CVE-Issues are already existing and thus cannot be created. But they are not listed within WebUI nor with spacecmd "errata_list".

Steve's suggestion that there might be some database entries (errata) which are not "handled" by WebUI / Spacecmd or generally the API calls was right. In our case the following steps solved the issue and we again can import errata information from CEFS (and EPEL repo sync):

1.       Using spacecmd tool delete all errata: spacecmd -u [youruser] -y "errata_delete *"

2.       Have a look into database (table rhnerrata) and you may find still entries within ("Select * from rhnerrata")

3.       Delete leftover entries with "delete * from rhnerrata)

This solved our issues about complaining duplicates (importing errata which already exists - exact log message below). Just in case anyone else is struggling with this.
But as you see sql-commands are in use here (dangerous!), you may destroy your spacewalk installation upon using wrong commands / behaviour.

Kind regards,
Rolf

-----
API Failure Message:

Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code 2601: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Errata already exists with advisory [Advisary Ident]