[Spacewalk-list] Using Spacewalk for yum update but not syncing repos

Zach Musselman mussz624 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:24:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

I currently have a mix of CentOS and RHEL hosts.  Right now I am manually
sshing into each machine and running yum update.

I have no desire to sync repo's and push packages out from a local copy of
a repo.  All I am looking to do is have some sort of central web interface
that would ssh or agent connect out to all of these machines and regularly
check to see if updates are available.  Also would like the option to push
out a yum clean all and then a yum update and have it list the packages
available for all of my systems.

Then I could simply select each machine, verify the packages it shows are
what I want updated and then have it execute the update clicking on each
system.

Does Spacewalk have this ability even with RHEL clients since I am not
wanting any access to the Red Hat Network?

If not what other options are out there with this ability.  Yes there is
chef, puppet, cfengine and so on but these do not provide the interface I
am looking for to my knowledge.

Thanks

--
Zach