[Spacewalk-list] wondering: Which repo server is actually used for updates

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 09:40:45 UTC 2014

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
% Hi,
%
% with the current centos update to 6.6 I saw in spacewalk all updates for
% all our servers. E.g. 200 Packages for a fileserver.
%
% If I execute yum update on the shell on that server, the yum fastest
% mirror plugin checks different external centos mirrors.
%
% Now I was wondering, if the yum update command is using our spacewalk
% server for updates, or is it using the mirrors ...
%
% I think I mix things up right now, true? :)
%
% Can some one confirm that?

Use
        yum repolist
to see which repos you have enabled. And then disable all except for
spacewalk ones ;).

% 	Thanks and regards . Götz

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat