[Spacewalk-list] Multiple issues with kickstarting functionnality

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:12:25 UTC 2014

Hello,
I'm trying to configure spacewalk to kickstart my system.
Currently, we're using only a customized DVD, with ageneric kickstart, and
I'm trying to port this kickstart to spacewalk...
Here are the issue I'm facing:
- What browser should I use??? I've tried IE 10, Firefox 26, latest chrome,
and on each browser I have different issues:
Chrome and firefox: I can't kickstart pre and post script, a rtext box
seems to be missing...
I can upload a kickstart, but then nothing appears when I go to "Kickstart
file" link
IE: the wbe page layout for uploading a kickstarting is all messed up, but
at least, I can view the kickstart file after it has been uploaded...

- When I manually create a kickstart, I have this problem. In my current
KS, I use "%include" directives, to include pre-scripts. These scripts
configures are mainly used to detect the first hard drive, and calculate
the "bootloader" and "part" kickstart keyword...
In spacewalk UI, I did not finc the way to use include directive, as well
as not using the bootloader directive  (in advanced Options link). As i
told, in my kickstart, the bootloader directive is calculated in my pre
script... so I dont need to use it!

- So I tried to upload my kickstart... but it also fails!
1/ I have this error message:
This kickstart profile uses a different type of encryption by default than
the root password is currently using. You must reset the root password to
encrypt it with the new method.
---> Can i live with this?

2/ I have another error:
<class 'Cheetah.Parser.ParseError'>:
Error in the Python code which Cheetah generated for this template:
EOL while scanning string literal
(cheetah_DynamicallyCompiledCheetahTemplate_1414681774_07_98912.py, line
151)
Line|Python Code
----|-------------------------------------------------------------
149 |
150 |        try:
151 |            return eval('''VFSL([locals()]+SL+[globals(),
__builtin__],"ls",True) -l /dev/cdrom | awk '{print $NF}'''', globals(),
localsDict)
                              ^
152 |            return self._CHEETAH__errorCatcher.warn(exc_val=e, code=
u'VFSL([locals()]+SL+[globals(), __builtin__],"ls",True) -l /dev/cdrom |
awk \'{print $NF}\'' , rawCode= u"$(ls -l /dev/cdrom | awk '{print $NF}')"
, lineCol=(259, 7))
153 |
154 |    def __errorCatcher14(self, localsDict={}):
Here is the corresponding Cheetah code.
** I had to guess the line & column numbers, so they are probably incorrect:
Line 42, column 5

Line|Cheetah Code
42  |set $(list-harddrives|grep -v sr)
            ^

In my kickstart, I, indeed, have the following line of code: set
$(list-harddrives|grep -v sr), used to detexct the first hardrive...

Thanks in advance for your help

Pierre