[Spacewalk-list] Workaround for Bug 1150295

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 16:14:49 UTC 2014

> Hi all. Does anyone have a clean workaround for Bug 1150295 "Schedule
> System Reboot does not complete"? My workaround would be to place an
> init script and do an rhn_check upon reboot of the system. Just
> curious if anyone else may have a better work-around for this issue.

This workaround looks to be easy to implement. However I do not recommend it.

Imagine you have 3000+ clients in one data center registered to a Spacewalk server.
After an un/planned power outage all the client machines boot and want to do their
rhn_check at the same time. The Spacewalk server definitely won't be able to handle
so many requests at the same time.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat