[Spacewalk-list] RHN Errata Issues

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Fri Oct 31 21:44:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:03:52 -0700 (PDT)
Glen Collins <glenc2004 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hey all. I'm having an issue importing the RHN Server6 Errata
> information. I had to wipe the DB clean and stop over. And now the
> errata for the server6 channel won't update properly. Keeps failing
> at around 23 errata's and stopping. Not sure what to look at in
> regards to the logs. No real error over than the one on the screen...
>

> INFO: Creating errata RHBA-2011:0005:R6-64 for RHBA-2011:0005 (ruby
> bug fix update) (All 3 packages present in the corresponding channel)
> WARNING: An error occurred while creating the errata RHBA-2011:0005
> WARNING: The error is Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code
> -1: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: unhandled internal exception:
> java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Hi,

well, this is a very old errata and it might very well be that my
script doesn't take into account some missing info in it. After all:
that errata is from 2011, before I even started looking at spacewalk.
I never got the RHN errata to be delivered for more than 2 weeks in the
past before my RHN commands timed out, so I never got to errata that
much in the past. If you want: send me the command you use, and I'll
try the same here to see what gives.
But to assure you: it has nothing to do with your spacewalk. Could you
try some recent errata (like the last two weeks or so)?
Also, the info from the testrun option for that errata might be
usefull. And if you want: add a perl Dumper command at line 1251 in the
script, so you can see what would be added.

Franky