[Spacewalk-list] Auto Customization of Registration Data Upon Registration

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 18:39:43 UTC 2014

Hello all. Is there any way either a hack or a command line way to change the data sent to the SW server upon registration? The system properties information is basic and I would like to make it more realistic information. We run both Oracle and RHEL and both show up an "redhat-release-server" and I would like to change that so when I register an Oracle system it'll be more appropriate. I know I can edit the description but if I register 100-200 servers it gets pretty old fast doing it the GUI way.

Thanks again!

Glen Collins