[Spacewalk-list] EPEL 6 for Oracle

Royee Tager royeectu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:38:47 UTC 2014

Thanks, now I understand the way it works.
For some reason the Oracle client doesn't get the EPEL packgaes while the
CentOS client gets the EPEL packages:

[root at labit-lg06 tmp]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
Cleaning repos: oraclelinux6-x86_64 oraclelinux6-x86_64-addons
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek-r3 oraclelinux6epel-x86_64
xio_custom
Cleaning up Everything
[root at labit-lg06 tmp]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
oraclelinux6-x86_64

                                                           | 1.2 kB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64/primary

                                                           |  35 MB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64

20694/20694
oraclelinux6-x86_64-addons

                                                            |  871 B
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64-addons/primary

                                                            |  40 kB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64-addons

 143/143
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek

                                                           | 1.1 kB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek/primary

                                                           |  14 MB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek

290/290
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek-r3

                                                            | 1.1 kB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek-r3/primary

                                                            | 7.0 MB
00:00
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek-r3

 180/180
oraclelinux6epel-x86_64

                                                           | 1.0 kB
00:00
oraclelinux6epel-x86_64/primary

                                                           |  129 B
00:00
xio_custom

                                                            |  951 B
00:00
xio_custom/primary

                                                            |  16 kB
00:00
xio_custom

 43/43
repo id
                                repo name

status
oraclelinux6-x86_64
                                Oracle Linux 6 (x86_64)

20,694
oraclelinux6-x86_64-addons
                                 Oracle Linux 6 Addons (x86_64)

    143
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek
                                Oracle Linux 6 UEK (x86_64)

   290
oraclelinux6-x86_64-uek-r3
                                 Oracle Linux 6 UEK Release 3 (x86_64)

     180
oraclelinux6epel-x86_64
                                Oracle Linux 6 EPEL (x86_64)

      0
xio_custom
                                 XtremIO custom repository

      43
repolist: 21,350
[root at labit-lg06 tmp]#

[root at lg600 ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, security
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
local-centos-6.5-base

                                                           | 1.2 kB
00:00
local-centos-6.5-updates

                                                            |  951 B
00:00
xio_custom

                                                            |  951 B
00:00
repo id
                                 repo name

 status
centos6-x86_64
                                  CentOS 6 (x86_64)

  6,367
centos6-x86_64-updates
                                  CentOS 6 Updates (x86_64)

  1,370
epel6-centos6-x86_64
                                  EPEL 6 for CentOS 6 (x86_64)

  12,689
local-centos-6.5-base
                                 Local CentOS base repository

 3,999
local-centos-6.5-updates
                                  Local CentOS updates repository

    913
sensu
                                 sensu-main

    41
spacewalk21-client-centos6-x86_64
                                 Spacewalk Client (N) for CentOS 6 (x86_64)

    22
xio_custom
                                  XtremIO custom repository

     43