[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.2 Osad - action-deploy - strangenesses?

Ryan Clough ryan.clough at dsic.com
Wed Sep 3 15:31:21 UTC 2014

I had a similar issue and it was because I had forgotten to run:

rhn-actions-control --enable-all

on each of my clients.

HTH,

Ryan Clough
Information Systems
Decision Sciences International Corporation
<http://www.decisionsciencescorp.com/>
<http://www.decisionsciencescorp.com/>

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM, Jonathan Hoser <
jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> once again I'm puzzled and would like to fish for input:
>
> After having (successfully) upgraded to 2.2, (client 2.2 also deployed
> everywhere),
> I have the puzzling situation with OSAD, that the clients connect,
> and respond to pings (the usual way to test OSAD),
> but is not send any action (package deploys/config compares/conf
> deploys) - or doesn't see any.
>
> So far I have tried:
> -clearing the jabber-db
> -restarting client-side OSAD (very-verbose)
> -clearing all pending actions
>
> What I can tell:
> I see the ping-request, and the clients answer,
> and the webgui updates accordingly.
> But the client never sees (or gets) any of the scheduled actions (even
> when running rhn_check manually).
>
> The latter might be a second issue, or might be tightly connected to the
> first,
> as a yum update does the trick - as far as package-deploys/-updates go.
>
> I'm was slightly reminded of Daniel Thielkings issue from a few weeks
> ago where a command
> wouldn't be picked up, but I haven't seen a solution to that yet...
>
> Any hints, comments, suggestions or solutions are highly appreciated.
>
> Best
> -Jonathan
>
> --
> Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
> Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology
>
> WWW: http://mips.helmholtz-muenchen.de
>

> Helmholtz Zentrum München
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
> Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
> 85764 Neuherberg
> www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
> Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons
> Enhsen
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München HRB 6466
> USt-IdNr: DE 129521671

This communication is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, re-transmission, dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please report the error to the sender by return
email and delete this communication from your records.