[Spacewalk-list] Trying not to reinvent the wheel.....

Lichtinger, Bernhard Bernhard.Lichtinger at lrz.de
Thu Sep 18 06:57:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

>> 1) Is there a way to download the yum updates so I can connect a newly installed rhel/centos/oracle linux system to spacewalk using the existing channels?
>
> If there is, I haven't found it either. :)

I found it in the SuSE-Manager documentation:

http://$c_server/ks/dist/child/channel-label/distribution-label

$c_server is the hostname of your spacewalk server
channel-label is the channel you want to use
distribution-label is the distribution the channel belongs to

I use it with zypper, but it also works with yum.
You can find it in the kickstart file if you have extra channels enabled in the kickstart profile. You will find some lines like:
repo —name=centos-epel-6-x86_64 --baseurl=http://your-spacewalk-server/ks/dist/child/centos-epel-6-x86_64/CENTOS-6-x86_64

Regards,
Bernhard