[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client install and uninstall....

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 15:01:35 UTC 2014

Hi All.

   I have a question I'm hoping someone might be able to answer. If I install the Spacewalk packages for the client:

rhn-client-tools
rhn-check
rhn-setup
rhnsd
m2crypto
yum-rhn-plugin

would these ever get replaced by the vendor versions? So like Redhat and Oracle Enterprise Linux during normal patching? I'm just wondering if I need to exclude these from being updated.

And the other question is, how safe is it to remove the spacewalk client packages and reinstall the vendor ones. Can I safely uninstall or maybe even downgrade the packages back to the vendor versions? I'm curious to try but I don't have a test/play system to destroy.

Thanks!

Glen Collins