[Spacewalk-list] Error while executing packages action: empty transaction

BERGMAN Andrew Andrew.BERGMAN at svha.org.au
Fri Sep 26 06:23:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just tried to apply errata ELSA-2014-1293 - Critical: bash security update to a server here which is OEL 6.5 x86_64.

It says the errata applies to the server but when I apply it I get an empty transaction error:

Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]

I cannot install it using yum either - it just gives me:

[root at svhm-linuxsoe rhn]# yum list bash
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Installed Packages
bash.x86_64  4.1.2-15.el6_4  @anaconda-OracleLinuxServer-201311252058.x86_64/6.5

Which tells me this system cannot see the package.

I have tried a yum clean all with no joy.  It's actually a brand new SOE build just for testing the bash bug.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew Bergman | Senior Systems Engineer, Information Services
St Vincent's  |  41 Victoria Parade Fitzroy VIC 3065
t: +61 3 9288 2140  |  f: +61 3 9288 4242  |  www.svhm.org.au<http://www.svhm.org.au/>