[Spacewalk-list] Patch Repositories - Monthly Patching

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:35:06 UTC 2014

We create a "Baseline" channel that is sync'd nightly, so it always has the
most recent patches. Then, on Patch Tuesday, we execute a
spacewalk-clone-by-date to whatever that day is. We've had similar
instances where a critical patch came out and our Security team wanted it
in our channels immediately. With the clone channels it's simple to just
add a particular Errata into it.