[Spacewalk-list] OSAD fails to check in on two servers

Reneau, Wes W [HDS] Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com
Thu Apr 30 16:45:15 UTC 2015

Fellow walkers,

I have two clients that originally checked in to swalk via OSAD w/o any problems but now they continue to show “offline as of unknown”.  I have nearly 100 other clients that are online w/o any problem.

I’ve removed the osad-auth.conf file and restarted osad w/o no luck.  I’ve confirmed a connection is being made to swalk from the client with lsof –I and netstat yet the GUI still shows the client as offline.  I’ve confirmed the keys and certs all include the correct FQDN. The osad.conf file is using the cert from spacewalk, and I’ve confirmed the serverURL matches the spacewalk FQDN.

osad       9895   root    3u  IPv4 5217633       TCP <FQDN>:47331-><FQDN>:xmpp-client (ESTABLISHED)
tcp        0      0 <IP>:47331          <IP>:5222          ESTABLISHED

As stated originally, this is only for 2 clients.

Ideas?

Thanks
Wes