[Spacewalk-list] Cannot retrieve repository metadata - all of a sudden...

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Thu Aug 6 14:49:49 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

So, all of a sudden over the course of a week, my Spacewalk server can't kickstart RHEL 6.6 systems anymore... I'm getting an strange "unable to read package metadata" error from anaconda.

The issue seems to be I'm getting a 404 when it tries to pull:

http://<spacewalk-server>/ks/disk/org/1/rhel-x86_64-server-6-6/repodata/repomd.xml<http://%3cspacewalk-server%3e/ks/disk/org/1/rhel-x86_64-server-6-6/repodata/repomd.xml>

I don't know could possibly have changed to make this break... I've not really done anything on the system.

Any ideas?  How to troubleshoot this one?

Andy Speagle
Solutions Architect - ITS
Wichita State University
316.978.3869