[Spacewalk-list] Errors when trying to add SLES 11 SP4 to SW

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Mon Dec 21 19:35:05 UTC 2015

I just cloned a SLES 11 SP4 server.  The original server had already been registered to my SW server.  However, I get errors when registering the newly cloned machine:

# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://<spwalk server>/XMLRPC --sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --activationkey=1-83113b0405126dd5e8ed413d321190eb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 25, in <module>
    from rhn.connections import idn_puny_to_unicode
ImportError: cannot import name idn_puny_to_unicode

I completely cleaned out all of the old registration information.  Stopped started SW services, even rebooted the server.  But I still get the same error.

I'm using SW v 2.3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Daryl