[Spacewalk-list] latest channel synchronization

Reneau, Wes W [HDS] Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com
Tue Feb 3 20:07:05 UTC 2015

Changing my stance, therefore changing my question.

Using Oracle's Spacewalk 2.0.

If I choose to spacewalk-clone-by-date my master 6 latest channel then I must specify a date, otherwise the default behavior is to exclude errata.

-d TO_DATE, --to_date=TO_DATE
                        Clone errata to the specified date (YYYY-MM-DD). If
                        omitted will assume no errata.

If I clone using the gui I have no choice but to use all errata or no errata and I have no intention of selecting errata manually.

I want to clone my latest channel, which includes all errata, to my dev channel but only include security errata.
Assuming the previous statement is true:

1.      How is this accomplished?

2.      Will it prevent a revision upgrade (from 6.5 to 6.6)?

Thanks
Wes