[Spacewalk-list] Registering Clients in Spacewalk 2.2

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Fri Feb 20 17:39:02 UTC 2015

I think you might consider using spacewalk-create-yumrepo.py to do this.

If you have a channel or subchannel with the Spacewalk Client packages you can use that python script to create a yum style repo front end to the Spacewalk content.  Then you can set up a temporary spacewalk-client repo config for yum on your clients that will point to the repo address on your Spacewalk server.

Here’s a fairly recent message from the list that discusses the create yum repo process:

Thank you a lot: I install it and works fine to me!
I'm thinking of improve it to include parameters to define "last" or "all" packages, and also to perform createrepo automatically on changed repos. If I do it, I'll submit to original author.

Oh, one thing I need to mention. I did have to make one change to the code in the script so it would link all rpm's. The code from GIT actually only links the latest in the channel and not everything. So the change I made was....

Change "spacewalk.channel.software.listLatestPackages" to "spacewalk.channel.software.listAllPackages". See below....

    ## for pkg in spacewalk.channel.software.listLatestPackages(spacekey, options.channel):
    for pkg in spacewalk.channel.software.listAllPackages(spacekey, options.channel):
        det=spacewalk.packages.getDetails(spacekey, pkg['id'])
        fn=det['path'].split("/")[-1]
        if not os.path.exists("%s/packages/%s" % (options.directory, fn)):
            os.symlink("%s/%s" % (options.satdir, det['path']), "%s/packages/%s" % (options.directory, fn))
    spacewalk.auth.logout(spacekey)

Glen Collins