[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring Disappeared

Stephen Herr sherr at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 15:33:26 UTC 2015

You can downgrade the rpms to before the change and things will continue
to work as well as they did before. If you'd like to keep the newer rpms
and proceed with dropping monitoring you can fix the error you're
getting by manually applying the schema changes that your db does not
already have (upgrade spacewalk-schema, use spacewalk-sql to run the
upgrade scripts found in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-2.2-to-spacewalk-schema-2.3/
). Specifically the 020-rhnInfoPane* script is the one that will fix
your current error.

Unfortunately there is currently not a less-manual way to keep a nightly
install's database updated, this is one of the reasons that running
nightly is hard / not recommended. The spacewalk-schema-upgrade tool
only can handle upgrading from one Spacewalk release to another (eg from
Spacewalk 2.0 to 2.2), it does not handle upgrading from one minor
release of spacewalk-schema-2.3.x to another spacewalk-schema-2.3.y. You
have to keep track of your db upgrading manually if you're going to run
nightly.

-Stephen