[Spacewalk-list] Managing Users and Roles - limiting to Configuration Channels and actions therein....

Brian Kinney brian.kinney at memeo-inc.com
Fri Jan 9 18:39:20 UTC 2015

Our Spacewalk configuration covers the entire spectrum of servers at our
location.

The Web Server “configuration channel” includes all of the .conf files for
every website, production and otherwise.

I would like to limit our web designers to access only specific
Configuration Channels and only specific actions.

Actions within a Configuration Channel:

Add/Delete Servers: No.

Add Configuration Files: No.

Modify Configuration Files: Yes.

Schedule Changes: Yes.

I was unable to find the way:

  to create a new role, or

  to modify a user’s permissions, or

  to modify the configuration channel’s permissions

in order to

All I did find was a role for “Configuration Admin” level.

Is it possible to create such a limited role or user?

If not, would it be possible to limit someone to administering just one
specific Configuration Channel’s activities?

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian