[Spacewalk-list] Problems with registering Ubuntu clients to spacewalk-server

Nick Tailor HTailor at BCLC.com
Thu Jan 15 22:41:13 UTC 2015

Not 100% sure…

I was trying to get spacewalk and debian to work.

If ripple through previous threads. I have quite a few posts on problems I ran into. One of them being the rhncfg packages are not with rhn-client-tools and you need those packages to do remote command execution and to run scripts.

That needs to be installed from source.

To date I don’t believe anyone has successfully got debian or Ubuntu to work 100% with spacewalk.

Lot of issues you gotta work through.

Good luck.

Nick Tailor
Nicktailor.com

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Willi Hennrichs
Sent: January-15-15 1:39 PM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Problems with registering Ubuntu clients to spacewalk-server

Do you know, if this fixes also the error related to the package-installing (uninstalling packages like rhnsd during a scheduled update)?
Am 15.01.2015 22:28 schrieb "Nick Tailor" <HTailor at bclc.com<mailto:HTailor at bclc.com>>:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spacewalk.git/diff/?id=e690485210cda0f179482e772efa08dac7370b6a

If you google that error, there is patch for it.

Provided the link above

Nick Tailor
Nicktailor.com