[Spacewalk-list] Question Regarding SpaceWalk Upgrade Procedures

james turner jimwas1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:42:50 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I was looking at the website for information on upgrading SpaceWalk. I found two sections that appear to contract each other. The first is under

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UserDocs#OngoingMaintenanceandAdministration , "Upgrade guides, sequential, stepped upgrades are recommended to cover
multiple update levels, i.e. to get from 0.6 to 0.8 please upgrade via
0.7 (and we recommend testing at each intermediate level as you proceed)
 rather than trying to go directly from 0.6 to 0.8. Jumping levels is
deeply discouraged with the exception of version 0.9 which was never
released."

However, under https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade
It says, "In most cases it's possible to perform Package upgrade and Schema
upgrade steps from any previous version to the latest one directly (e.g.
 from 1.6 to 2.2). Make sure you have a valid backup in case anything
will go wrong."

So which one is correct? Do I need to sequentially update from SpaceWalk 1.9 to 2.2 or can I simply upgrade to 2.2?

Thanks for your assistance,

Jim