[Spacewalk-list] configuration channel challenges

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 14:00:42 UTC 2015

> I can solve this problem by running rhn-actions-control –enable-all
> and reschedule the job. Is there a way to eliminate that manual
> step? I’m adding several hundred server to my swalk server and doing
> that step manually is time consuming.

This is actually not a problem, but a feature. You as a root usually do not want
someone else to run external commands on your machine without your permission.

To globally enable it, you always can schedule an installation of your custom rpm,
that either would run the rhn-actions-control in the post script, or that would create
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/script/run
or
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/configfiles/all
depending on what you need.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat