[Spacewalk-list] Excluding kernel updates

Steve Ensley steve.ensley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:22:59 UTC 2015

If I have some machines within a group of machines for which kernel updates
should not be done due to situation requiring a certain version of the
kernel, whats the appropriate way to do this.

Currently I have an exclude in the yum.conf which causes them to be
rejected, but I'm wondering if creating a second channel without the kernel
patches would be the cleaner, more appropriate approach.  If so,  How does
one automate the updating of the channel so the packages are excluded, or
removed post update.

Or is there another way to approach this.

--
Steve Ensley