[Spacewalk-list] Register OEL6 on Spacewalk/Bad Request , attempt #1

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Sat Jan 31 01:51:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On 31 Jan 2015, at 9:34 am, dmitry.lozitskiy at asparona.com wrote:
>
> I’m trying to register freshly installed oel6 x86_64 on a spacewalk server and got this message:

Can you confirm you're using the Spacewalk client and not the default yum and plugin that ship with OL6? You need to manually install the Spacewalk client from here:

http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/spacewalk22/client/

FYI, we released Spacewalk 2.2 for Oracle Linux yesterday, both Server and Client.

We have patched the default yum plugin to work with Spacewalk natively, but that will only ship with OL6U7 and OL7U1 when those updates are released.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496