[Spacewalk-list] Group installs and repository sync

Sam Caise sam.caise at invade.net
Tue Jul 14 09:59:44 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have a custom repository which I have added to spacewalk. This
repository is to be used as a group install repo.

I have added the comps.xml to the repo, and built it using the following
command:

createrepo -g comps.xml invade-gearman

Once the repodata had been created, I proceeded to add this repository
to my base channel in Spacewalk, and perform a sync:

Repo http://192.168.200.179/pub/Invade-Repos/invade-gearman/ has comps
file comps.xml.
Repo http://192.168.200.179/pub/Invade-Repos/invade-gearman/ has 0 errata.
Sync completed.
Total time: 0:09:14

 From the above output, it looks like Spacewalk can see the comps.xml
file, however when I go on to one of the clients I see the following
when attempting to list the yum groups:

Failed to add groups file for repository: invadebase-centos6.6-x86_64 - None

There are actually two group repositories, however many of my clients
can see neither.

Is there something specific I need to do to push the groups file to the
clients?

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sam

--

------------------------------

InVADE International Ltd, Orchard Street Business Centre, 13-14 Orchard Street, Bristol, BS1 5EH

Company Registration Number: 3660482 Registered in England and Wales

This email, and any attachment, is intended only for the attention of the
addressee. Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not
permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies
and inform the sender by return email. If you have received this email in
error, please return it to the sender and highlight the error. We accept no
legal liability for the content of the message. Any opinions or views
presented are solely the responsibility of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of InVADE. We cannot guarantee that this
message has not been modified in transit, and this message should not be
viewed as contractually binding. Although we have taken reasonable steps to
ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise
that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure
they are actually virus free.