[Spacewalk-list] your satellite certificate has expired.

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:45:49 UTC 2015

On 7/14/2015 12:36 PM, Brian Kinney wrote:
> That did not work for me.  (Running v2.1) and my server just alerted me
> "today" as well.
>
> [root at spacewalk02 setup]# rhn-satellite-activate --rhn-cert
> /usr/share/spacewalk/setup/spacewalk-public.cert --disconnected
>
> ERROR: RHN Certificate appears to have expired: 2015-07-13
> [root at spacewalk02 setup]#
>
> ---
> Brian

Please view the file /usr/share/spacewalk/setup/spacewalk-public.cert.  It is
plaintext XML file.  Look for the line <rhn-cert-field name="expires">.

Did you download the latest cert?

* Via web browser, downloaded cert from (sorry for the wrap on the URL)
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/blob/ca2c784eaff062b36f5f464affc50c2a2d21fa6a/branding/setup/spacewalk-public.cert
 (choose raw mode)

* Uploaded that file onto your spacewalk server and replace the file
/usr/local/src/spacewalk-cert/spacewalk-public.cert

* Examine /usr/local/src/spacewalk-cert/spacewalk-public.cert and ensure the
expires field says 2018.

* Import the new entitlement certificate into spacewalk

rhn-satellite-activate --disconnected \
--rhn-cert=/usr/share/spacewalk/setup/spacewalk-public.cert

* I prefer to reboot the spacealk server to test persistence of the change

* Finally, log into the interface, the message should be gone

Hope that helps