[Spacewalk-list] Sles Patchlvl 4 Spacewalk-Service fail

Bosch, Fabian (BITBW) Fabian.Bosch at bitbw.bwl.de
Wed Jul 29 07:18:08 UTC 2015

Hi @ all

I recently upgraded SLES to newly released Patchlevel 4. The System has been registered an working unter Patchlevel 3 with Spacewalk v2.3.
The Upgrade via Spacewalk/zypper worked fine, but after Dist-Upgrade spacewalk-service stopped working and is now skipped.
The only message I got was that I have to install spacewalk-backend-libs. No Information about the required Version – spacewalk-backend-libs needs python(abi)=2.7.
Never heared neither have such a package.

Anyone has experience with SLES SP4 and Spacewalk? Are there additional packages needed providing python(abi) or are there client-tools for Patchlevel 4 in the tube?

Software installed:
rhn-client-tools 2.3.16-3.1
Rhnsd 5.0.15-3.1
Rhnlib-2.5.75-2.1
Zypp-plugin-spacewalk-0.9.9-3.1

Just for your Information:
Why SLES ?? – It wasn’t my Choice ☺ And now I want to demonstrate that there is no need for SUSE Manager – a proprietary Patchmanagement based on Spacewalk.

Regards,

Fabian Bosch
Referat 34 – Open Source

IT Baden-Württemberg (BITBW)