[Spacewalk-list] Generating a Update List

Darryl Baker darryl.baker at texturacorp.com
Thu Jun 18 19:38:39 UTC 2015

Gentlefolk,
                Each month I create a static image of the patches at that moment. I have been required to generate a change list for each new image. I'm try to figure out the best way to generate the list of just the updates between images. I have a system that has last month's patches installed and I've set it to use the new image. In the RHSS console I have a page that lists the updates and their related errata that would be applied. I really wish that had the export to CSV option that a number of other pages do because that is exactly what I need. I suspect that I'm not the only one required to do this and I'm wonder if someone has a query that could produce the info so I could incorporate it into a report.

Just to be clear what I want is for a specific machine which packages would be installed if I were to do  "yum update" or the equivalent and what are the related errata associate with the versions to be installed.

Regards,

Darryl Baker
Textura Corporation
Linux Engineer Application Support
1405 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, Illinois 60015
Office Phone - 847-235-8467
Email - darryl.baker at texturacorp.com<mailto:darryl.baker at texturacorp.com>
[cid:05DC2306-1083-4864-A07C-DE5DA45A6302]