[Spacewalk-list] Snapshot packages

Rodrigo de Lima Silva rodrigodlima at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:05:30 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I am searching some documentations about snapshot on Spacewalk, but I don't
found nothing about my doubt.

I need to upgrade some packages on a critical servers. I want to create a
snapshot from this system before to upgrade the packages, if it's broken a
servers, I can rollback this changes.

But, I have a problem. On my environment test, I did a snapshot and I
update de "yum" package. The system is a CentOS 6.2. The package version
was yum-3.2.29-22.el6.centos.noarch. Now, after update the package, a
version is yum-3.2.29-60.el6.centos.noarch.

When I try to do the rollback, this error happen:

Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action: Cannot
find package :yum-3.2.29-22.el6.centos.noarch in any of enabled
repositories. [[6]]" (code -1).

I want to know if I need to create a channel for old packages. On Red Hat
documentation, I found one note:

While snapshot rollbacks support the ability to revert *certain* changes to
the system, this is not applicable to every scenario. For example, you can
roll back a set of RPM packages, but rolling back across multiple update
levels is not supported.

Maybe, I wnant to do something that is not possible.

Thanks for help.

--
Rodrigo Lima  - rodrigodlima[at]gmail[dot]com