[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Kickstart and Oracle UEK

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Mar 13 19:43:32 UTC 2015

Hey Glen,

> On 14 Mar 2015, at 4:58 am, Glen Collins <glenc2004 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all. Does anyone know how to have only the Redhat Compatable Kernel install and not the UEK? I tried the parameter to remove kernel-uek and kernel-uek-firmware but it's still the default kernel. I also added kernel and kernel-firmware thinking that maybe it needed the rhel compat kernel defined during the KS. But still my final system defaults to having the UEK booted.

There are a few packages that pull in the UEK as a dependency, most obviously oraclelinux-release. I believe that our internal QA teams do have a KS solution for this, but I'll need to double-check.

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496