[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Kickstart and Oracle UEK

Kalchik, Jeffery JDKalchik at landolakes.com
Mon Mar 16 12:21:21 UTC 2015

Oracle doesn’t make it easy to not use their [broken] kernels.  I’ve been extracting the .iso release media into a separate directory, moving the UEK rpms out, regenerating the repository data, and pointing the installs at that directory.  And because I do have some requirements for UEK, I’ll import those RPMs into a channel.  When necessary, subscribe the new client to the UEK channel (this can be done in a kickstart file….) and install the UEK kernel rpms.

Jeff Kalchik
Land O’Lakes