[Spacewalk-list] Release Prep for Spacewalk 2.3!

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 17:00:52 UTC 2015

Hey folks,

It has been a while since Spacewalk 2.2 went out, and we think the current state of -nightly is a reasonable release-candidate for Spacewalk 2.3.

Over the next week or so we will be doing a lot of testing and release-work. If anyone would like to help with testing/verification/QE, that would be wonderful - there are a lot of changes, and more eyes is always good.

The list of BZs that need QE attention is:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ON_QA&classification=Community&list_id=3336542&product=Spacewalk&query_format=advanced

I will wait to create the SPACEWALK-2.3 branch in git until after we've had a chance to review automation failures and see successful installation and upgrade testing. Once the branch is created, there is still a lot of release-nanny work to be done, but we are working towards having 2.3 be 'official' Real Soon Now <tm>.

Thanks for everyone's help and contributions!

Grant
--
Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat Satellite