[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Migration Issue

Patrick Blair - Peapod patrick.blair at ahold.com
Tue Nov 3 19:23:22 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am in the process of migrating my Spacewalk Server from a VM to a spare
physical server we had due to the disk space it had grown to occupy (SAN
space costing what it does...) and I've run into what seems to be a bit of
a blocker.

Both new and old boxes are the same, CentOS 7.1 x86_64 with a Postgres DB,
running Spacewalk 2.4. The old server was updated from Spacewalk 2.3.

I've dumped the DB using the process outlined here:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/DatabaseMigrations
and have re-imported it successfully several times into the new server, but
each time I'm getting the following (or similar) error when trying to
re-sync the repositories.

2015-11-03 11:19:36,828 [Thread-69] ERROR
> [...]
>   File "/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync", line 218, in <module>
>     sys.exit(abs(main() or 0))
>   File "/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync", line 210, in main
>     latest=options.latest)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/reposync.py",
> line 174, in __init__
>     self.repo_plugin = self.load_plugin(repo_type)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/reposync.py",
> line 241, in load_plugin
>     mod = __import__('spacewalk.satellite_tools.repo_plugins', globals(),
> locals(), [name])
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/__init__.py",
> line 18, in <module>
>     from spacewalk.server import rhnPackageUpload
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnPackageUpload.py",
> line 20, in <module>
>     from spacewalk.common import rhn_mpm, rhn_deb, rhn_pkg
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/common/rhn_deb.py",
> line 23, in <module>
>     from debian import debfile
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/debian/debfile.py", line 27, in
> <module>
>     from debian.deb822 import Deb822
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/debian/deb822.py", line 1481, in
> <module>
>     @six.add_metaclass(_ClassInitMeta)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'add_metaclass'
>
> 2015-11-03 11:19:36,831 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] ERROR
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask  - Executing a task threw an
> exception: org.quartz.JobExecutionException
> 2015-11-03 11:19:36,831 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] ERROR
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask  - Message: Command
> '[/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync, --channel, centos6x, --type, yum]' exited
> with error code 1
> 2015-11-03 11:19:36,832 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] ERROR
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask  - Cause: null
> 2015-11-03 11:19:36,832 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] ERROR
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask  - Stack
> trace:org.quartz.JobExecutionException: Command
> '[/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync, --channel, centos6x, --type, yum]' exited
> with error code 1
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RhnJavaJob.executeExtCmd(RhnJavaJob.java:112)
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RepoSyncTask.execute(RepoSyncTask.java:74)
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RhnJavaJob.execute(RhnJavaJob.java:89)
>     at com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.TaskoJob.execute(TaskoJob.java:170)
>     at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
>     at
> org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)

I wanted to download fresh copies of the RPMs since I believe the old
instance became corrupted when the VM started swapping and ran out of RAM
during a repo-sync.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would welcome them. I can also
provide any further information if necessary regarding configuration.

Best,

Pat Blair
Sr. Unix Administrator
Peapod, LLC
pblair at peapod.com

--
This email and any attachments may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential and/or privileged and for the sole use of the intended
recipients(s)
only.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return
email and delete all copies of this email and any attachments. Ahold and/or
its
subsidiaries shall neither be liable for the inaccurate or incomplete
transmission
of the information contained in this email or any attachments, nor for any
delay
in its receipt. To the extent this email is intended to create any legal
obligation,
the obligation shall bind only the contracting entity and not any other
entity within
the Ahold Group.