[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting CentOS

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Nov 18 19:48:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On 18 Nov 2015, at 10:44 PM, Philipp Wehling <philipp.wehling at megatel.de> wrote:
>
> but I do have to create two channels with different names and labels and do a reposync on both? Ok, I will try that ...

You would create two channels with different labels but point them at the same repository. When you sync both channels, the first sync will download any new packages and the second sync will just link the existing, already downloaded packages. Spacewalk is pretty efficient this way. I have lots and lots of channels that all point to the same repository and it works great.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496