[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting CentOS

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Nov 18 20:19:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On 19 Nov 2015, at 7:00 AM, Neil Watson <neil at watson-wilson.ca> wrote:
>
> It that useful for say a testing and a production channel pointed to the
> same repo? Sync the testing channel to get new packages, then sync the
> production channel after some testing time?

I would use channel cloning for this, so that you don't forget to unlink the repo from production and mistakenly upgrade systems. :) So, you sync to testing and when you're happy, you clone the channel content to production. Using spacewalk-clone-by-date, you can repeatedly clone to the same target set, which have no upstream repo configured.

Here's a white paper I co-wrote that gives a high level example of this: https://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-921379

And yes, this is a hijack, so we should probably continue to discuss this in a different thread. :)

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496