[Spacewalk-list] Issues with SLES 11 SP3 - NOKEY and Support level

Mattias Giese giese at b1-systems.de
Sat Oct 10 09:16:48 UTC 2015

Heya,

On 09/10/15 14:10:09, Will, Chris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following issue when I try to update my SLES 11 SP3 servers.
>
> The following packages are going to be upgraded:
>   inst-source-utils libgcrypt11 libgcrypt11-32bit libicu libmysqlclient_r15 spacewalk-check spacewalk-client-setup
>   spacewalk-client-tools spacewalksd zypp-plugin-spacewalk
>
> The following packages are not supported by their vendor:
>   inst-source-utils libgcrypt11 libgcrypt11-32bit libicu libmysqlclient_r15 spacewalk-check spacewalk-client-setup
>   spacewalk-client-tools spacewalksd zypp-plugin-spacewalk
>
> When I list the RPM packages with rpm -qip xxxxx I get the following output.
>
> php53-sysvshm-5.3.17-45.1.s390x.rpm
> [root at rhelspacedev1 4bbe516c1893601f2f8015845a646094]# rpm -qip php53-sysvshm-5.3.17-45.1.s390x.rpm
> warning: php53-sysvshm-5.3.17-45.1.s390x.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 307e3d54: NOKEY
> Name        : php53-sysvshm                Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 5.3.17                            Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
> Release     : 45.1                          Build Date: Wed 29 Jul 2015 04:37:43 AM EDT
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: s390lp5
> Group       : Development/Languages/Other   Source RPM: php53-5.3.17-45.1.src.rpm
> Size        : 14849                            License: PHP-3.01
> Signature   : RSA/8, Tue 01 Sep 2015 12:58:36 AM EDT, Key ID e3a5c360307e3d54
> Packager    : https://www.suse.com/
> URL         : http://www.php.net
> Summary     : PHP5 Extension Module
> Description :
> PHP interface for System V shared memory.
>
> Authors: The PHP Group See http://www.php.net/credits.php for more
> details

You have not imported the gpg keys an the system itself (using rpm
--import)

> I also have the GPG key URL, GPG key ID and GPG key Fingerprint fields filled in.  I can successfully mirror channels but not sure why I am getting the above errors.

I find it kinda interesting that repository refreshing itself works. For
SUSE systems you should not configure any GPG settings for a channel,
because it will IIRC cause the spacewalk plugin for zypper to turn on
gpg checking globally (for repo metadata and packages). As spacewalk
cannot sign repository metadata zypper shoulld refuse to do anything at
all. zypper will turn off gpg checking if you remove the gpg info from
the channel and it should work for you. This is also the default with
SUSE Manager.

Regards,

Mattias

--
Mattias Giese
System Management & Monitoring Architect

B1 Systems GmbH