[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 7 install missing RHN utilities - Spacewalk 2.4

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Tue Oct 13 17:24:29 UTC 2015

Ok, so I pulled my head out about this enough to realize what you meant, Jeff… I was able to get beyond the part of the issue where it couldn’t find:

rhn-setup
rhn-client-tools
rhn-check

But… it then complained about missing dependencies for some python-* packages…

python-dmidecode
python-gudev
python-hwdata

BUT… these packages are *IN* the base channel… so, how can they be missing?  That makes exactly NO sense to me.  The installer can select and use packages from the child channel… but NOT the base channel?

Colour me confused…

Andy