[Spacewalk-list] Regenerating ssl certificate with Spacewalk 2.4 SHA1 to SHA2

Ian Bishop IBISHOP at BCLC.com
Thu Oct 15 05:16:06 UTC 2015

Hi all, I hope someone can confirm a question for me.  Note I'm seeding my question with as many useful keywords to aid in finding the answer for everyone else who is going to need this.

The question is after upgrading from Spacewalk 2.3 to 2.4, can I generate a new SHA256 ssl cert/RPM with the spacewalk-certs-tool (rhn-ssl-tool --gen-server) for each of the web servers and proxies without having to change the certs on the clients?  From my digging it looks like I should be able to do that without creating a new RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT.  So the answer seems to be yes.  Can anyone confirm?

I would test it myself, but I need the answer ASAP to respond to an audit and won't have access to an environment for a while.

Currently I am running Spacewalk 2.3 with many remote clients, one master Spacewalk and two proxies.

Also, this would be very useful info for the 2.3 to 2.4 upgrade document.

Thanks very much in advance, Ian
This email is intended only for the addressee. It may contain confidential or proprietary information that cannot be disclosed without BCLC's permission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email.