[Spacewalk-list] Remote .repo files re-creation

Ree, Jan-Albert van J.A.v.Ree at marin.nl
Tue Sep 1 11:13:47 UTC 2015

There are a few options :

- You can prevent this by not syncing the centos-release RPM from the CentOS repository but managing exceptions for many repositories is a lot of work, some packages such as Chrome also insist on installing their own .repo file even
- We run a job every night which simply removes all .repo files from /etc/yum.repos.d/ as I want all my managed machines to only get RPM's from Spacewalk

While the second option isn't the most elegant it does work reliable.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree

Jan-Albert van Ree
Linux System Administrator
MARIN Support Group
E mailto:J.A.v.Ree at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 35 48

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl