[Spacewalk-list] Web Authentication Using Freeradius

Daniel Bray dbray925 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:23:55 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I'm wondering if this is possible.  I currently have my Spacewalk server
setup to use pam_radius_auth for SSH access, and a Freeradius server on the
network.  All my admins SSH into the various servers using this method, and
it's common practice.  I also have other web applications on other servers
using mod_auth_xradius to authentication to Apache(HTTPD) web
applications.  I was trying to figure out a way to get one of these same
methods to work with the Spacewalk authentication.

After some research:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.5/html/Installation_Guide/sect-Installation_Guide-Maintenance-Implementing_PAM_Authentication.html
...and some trial and error, I've been unable to get this to work.  I was
hoping to simply alter the /etc/pam.d/rhn-satellite file with something
similar that exists in my /etc/pam.d/sshd file.  The current test looks
like this:
# cat /etc/pam.d/rhn-satellite
auth            required         pam_env.so
auth            sufficient       pam_radius_auth.so no_user_check
auth            required         pam_deny.so
account         required         pam_radius_auth.so no_user_check

I've tried other variations, but nothing seems to talk back to my
Freeradius server.

Does anybody else have this working?  Or, is this a lost cause and will
never work?

Thanks for your time,
Danny