[Spacewalk-list] How to use a signed certificate?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Tue Sep 8 20:39:28 UTC 2015

Hey Daryl,

> On 9 Sep 2015, at 6:06 am, Daryl Rose <darylrose at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> I decided to move my SW environment into production, so I stood up a brand new SW server and redid the signed certificate according to your documentation.  Everything works fine with the RHEL servers that I've attached, but I'm having certificate issues with SLES.

I don't think we ever tested this with SLES/OpenSUSE as that's not covered under standard Oracle support. I've not even looked into how you register a SLES system to Spacewalk, so I can't comment on how that process would need to be updated for a 3rd-party certificate.

However, this seems like a verification issue, so I would double-check that you're using the correct CA certificate (RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT) and that it has the entire CA chain contained. Otherwise, the client would not be able to verify the certificate provided by the server.

Can you point me towards the appropriate documentation that outlines the SLES registration process to Spacewalk so I can review?

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496