[Spacewalk-list] Systems Overview Slow for +1k Instances

Andy Seed pipseed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:12:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has experienced slow lag accessing the Systems tab
in the Web UI.

We are using Oracle Linux 6.5 for our Spacewalk master with the Oracle
Spacewalk 2.2 release. We have multiple Spacewalk proxies, each will manage
1k instances up to a total of 6 proxies. We have a separate Oracle db
server running 11G R2. What we are seeing is a long lag when accessing the
Systems Overview page.

We've tried all the standard tuning for Java and tomcat, all the
recommended tuning for Spacewalk and Satellite configurations with no
change.

When we have 100 OL instances registered it takes 5 sec flicking between
Overview and the Systems tab.

When we increase this to 350 OL instances we see the lag jump to 15 secs,
then increasing up to 1100 OL instances this lag is up to 70 secs. This is
not going to be workable when we start increasing to +5k instances.

Thanks in advance
Andy