[Spacewalk-list] IPv6

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 23:18:11 UTC 2016

Hi

In the advanced options network line, I pass the var --noipv6

Yet when I log into my newly kickstarted machine, I'm seeing this in the
/root/:

ks-rhn-post.log

inside which I see what looks like the results of the default snippets

First is the successful transfer of the packages and files needed for
registration with the spacewalk server: libxml, libxml2-python, rhnlib,
pyOpenSSL, RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT.

But then I get this, which is both an obvious attempt to use ipv6 (against
my wishes) and is causing issues that I think is flowing on to other parts
of the kickstart process (like the non transfer of the correctly configured
configuration channel files, etc):

Running in chroot, ignoring request.
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
error was
14: curl#7 - "Failed to connect to 2a01:c0:2:4:0:acff:fe1e:1e52: Network is
unreachable"
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
error was
14: curl#7 - "Failed to connect to 2a01:c0:2:4:0:acff:fe1e:1e52: Network is
unreachable"
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
error was
14: curl#7 - "Failed to connect to 2a01:c0:2:4:0:acff:fe1e:1e52: Network is
unreachable"

So, there are a list of questions, but here are the main two:

- I pass --noipv6, and I have config management disabling ipv6. So either
the advanced options flag --noipv6 doesn't work, or there is a part of the
installation process for which it doesn't apply?

- How can I stop this attempt to hit the network, or alternatively, how can
I get it to use ipv4?

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper