[Spacewalk-list] Parent/Child channels and software availability?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Mon Apr 4 01:46:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Spacewalk doesn't actually enable the parent channel during kickstart. It uses the kickstart distribution and whatever packages are available via the ISO. If you're using a stripped distribution (i.e. the just the boot images, no packages/repodata) then it doesn't work at all. You need to add the full base channel into the kickstart distribution for this to work.

I've just been through this myself, as it happens.

Cheers,
Avi